Kamanja v1.1 – released Sep 18, 2015
Release Notes for Kamanja 1.1
These release notes refer to an old version of Kamanja. We have retained them for reference, but disabled the links. Please click on the 'Download' link on this site for the most recent version of Kamanja, and contact us if you've any queries. Thank you!
Kamanja 1.1 now is available in source from under the Apache license. It is available now in an easy-to-install binary form and as source. There is documentation ranging from a Quick Start Guide to an Advanced Developer’s Guide to aid in using and enhancing Kamanja.
Kamanja is the perfect choice for continuous decisioning. The best software solves a problem. Kamanja solves the problem of the time it takes to create models. The ease with which models can be up and running has been enhanced in the 1.1 version by allowing models to be created in Scala and Java.
New Features in 1.1:
- Model Support
- Java/Scala Models Added - support for rules written in Java/Scala.
- New Messages/Containers Added - new message/container object created when engine requests RDD/GetObject/GetArray/GetHistory/GetRecent.
- REST API for Java/Scala Extended - REST API extended for custom rules in Java/Scala.
- Namespace Support Improved - support for namespace in all metadata (instead of System/PMML).
- Transaction ID Added - new transaction ID in every message and container.
- Transaction ID Improved - persistent transaction ID used instead of resetting it every time leader node starts.
- Transaction ID Enhanced - transaction ID set for the data written by the user in the model.
- UDFs Improved - separate custom UDF lib package space from com.ligadata.pmml only inherits UdfBase trait.
- Model Output Improved - output messages now handle new model output.
- Engine Improved - existing engine’s metadata is notified of model config changes.
- Ease of Use
- Commit Process Improved - 2-phase commit implemented instead of reprocessing events in case of half-finished event.
- Monitoring Improved - minimum heartbeat to Zookeeper implemented that shows nodes alive and started since time (Monitoring Kamanja).
- Custom Configuration Improved - system now handles any custom configuration.
- Sample Applications Added - 4 new sample applications, namely HelloWorld, COPD, LowBalance Alert, and Telecom, all with instructions. Installation scripts for each application included in $KAMANJA_HOME/input/SampleApplications/bin.
- CLI Added - new Kamanja command-line interface (Kamanja Commands).
- Shutdown Improved - KamanjaManager enhanced to include signal handling allowing for a cleaner shutdown.
- Logging Improved - stack trace collected and printed into log file when getting un-handled exceptions.
- HBase Improved - HBase connection concurrent modification issue resolved.
- Installation Improved - installation via homebrew now available.
- Installation Enhanced - installation structure reorganized from having multiple individual applications to having everything in a single SampleApplications directory.
- Cluster Configuration Improved - cluster configuration change to include support for naming of jarname and classname for custom plugins for storage and environment context.
- Change Log - Major Bug Fixes in 1.1 – links to Github describe the issues in detail.
- Performance Improved - KamanjaManager performance fixed in PMML models.
- Messages Improved - preventing messages that weren’t persisted from being replayed fixed (https://github.com/ligaDATA/Kamanja/issues/758).
- Adapters Improved - preventing message replay when using multiple Kafka brokers fixed (https://github.com/ligaDATA/Kamanja/issues/755).
- Basepath Changed - default ZNode Basepath changed from /ligadata to /kamanja (https://github.com/ligaDATA/Kamanja/issues/750).
- KVInit Improved - KVInit updated to handle multiple records with the same partition key
- PMML Models Improved - PMML models, when compiled, now have all generated classes nested to prevent calling incorrect classes during runtime (https://github.com/ligaDATA/Kamanja/issues/643).
- HBase Improved - HBase namespaces are now automatically created if they don’t exist (https://github.com/ligaDATA/Kamanja/issues/611).
Upgrade to the latest Kamanja version.
Remember, this forum is the first line of support. It is a place for questions, suggestions, complaints, and discussions of projects using Kamanja.
This is available as part of the open-source ecosystem and Kamanja developers are looking forward to working with others as Kamanja becomes a foundation for open-source continuous decisioning solutions.