Kamanja v1.3 – released Jan 28, 2016
Release Notes for Kamanja 1.3
These release notes refer to an old version of Kamanja. We have retained them for reference, but disabled the links. Please click on the 'Download' link on this site for the most recent version of Kamanja, and contact us if you've any queries. Thank you!
This version had some exciting new features as well as improvements to ease-of-use:
- Model Support
- PMML Support – support for several model types for standard PMML. This includes changes to Kamanja commands to allow for addition of standard PMML models. This allows data scientists to create models with standard model building tools like R, SciKit Learn, and Python. (PMML).
- Ease of Use
- Statistics (Monitoring Kamanja) Expanded - input/output adapters and storage adapters are now reporting relevant statistics.
- FailedEvents Adapter Added - if configured, any messages that Kamanja manager fails to process are sent to this adapter along with a reason for its failure.
- Kafka Output Adapter Improved - send mechanism re-written to leverage new Kafka 0.8.2.2 API.
- Migration Implemented - migration tool created to support migration from Kamanja 1.1.x to 1.3.0 and from Kamanja 1.2.x to 1.3.0 (migration tool). For 1.1.x to 1.3.0 migration, Java/Scala model migration is not supported due to major interface changes. These must be updated for the new interfaces and manually re-compiled. Also not supported yet are custom types and custom JAR files.
- Kafka API 0.8.2.2 referenced instead of 0.8.1.1.
- Code-base now compiled in Scala 2.11.7 instead of 2.10.4.