Kamanja v1.5 – released Jul 11, 2016
Release Notes for Kamanja 1.5
There is a new release of Kamanja – version 1.5 – released July 11, 2016!
- Source code can be found at https://github.com/LigaData/Kamanja/releases.
- Download and install using Homebrew.
- Kamanja binaries are available at:
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kamanja/release/2.11/Kamanja-1.5.0_2.11.tar.gz (choose if Scala 2.11 is installed).
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kamanja/release/2.10/Kamanja-1.5.0_2.10.tar.gz (choose if Scala 2.10 is installed).
This major release introduces the following new features:
- Ease of Use
- Kamanja UI – support for viewing metadata such as models, containers, messages, and adapters. Click here for more information.
- Message Definition Generator – generation of message definitions automated from a file header or from PMML. Customers no longer have to create it by hand. Click here for more information.
- Kafka Support (Kerberos, SSL) – Kamanja now compatible with Kerberos-enabled Kafka API 0.9.x, providing SSL client-to-broker security and Kerberos-enabled client-to-broker communication. Click here for more information.
- Smart File Output Adapter – support for persistence of Kamanja results to HDFS or a local file system. Click here for more information.
- New Storage Adapter (H2DB) – H2DB replaces hashmap as the new, more stable, storage adapter for single installation. Click here for more information.
- Multiple Storage Adapters – support for persistence of same information to different databases. Click here for more information.
- Model Support
- PMML Producer Model Types Validation – support for SAS and R. Click here for more information.
- Migration Capabilities – customers can migrate from Kamanja 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 to Kamanja 1.5.0. Deprecated versions: 1.1 (this version is no longer supported). Click here for more information.
- Change Log
- JTM Documentation Updates – more in-depth coverage of JTMs. Click here for more information.
- Control Flags for System Columns in JSON Serializer – flags control whether to display system columns used in JSON serialization and deserialization of messages. Click here for more information.
- Adapter Exceptions – addition of new field called KamanjaExceptionEvent. Click here for more information.
- Enhanced Container Information – addition of two new fields in KamanjaModelEvent that describe the containers consumed and produced in models. Click here for more information.
- Enhanced Statistics Information – existing heartbeat enhanced to provide Java memory statistics (click here for more information) and additional storage information in KamanjaStatisticsEvent (click here for more information).
- Known Issue
- Kafka Version does not have .sh Extensions - the new Kafka versions, when downloaded from Homebrew, do not have the .sh extensions for their scripts while those from the Kafka binaries do. This is an inconsistency that is affecting the WatchQueues and CreateQueues Kamanja scripts. The solution is to rename the scripts with a .sh extension.