Kamanja v1.6.2 – released Mar 8, 2017
We're delighted to announce the release of Kamanja Version 1.6.2!
- Source code can be found at https://github.com/LigaData/Kamanja/releases.
- Kamanja binaries are available at:
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kamanja/release/2.11/Kamanja-1.6.2_2.11.tar.gz (choose if Scala 2.11 is installed).
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kamanja/release/2.10/Kamanja-1.6.2_2.10.tar.gz (choose if Scala 2.10 is installed).
Kamanja 1.6.2 includes the following new features:
- Velocity metrics, which can be configured into your application to collect statistics about message processing. See Velocity metrics for more information.
- ElasticSearch adapter; see the Elasticsearch LigaPedia article.
- Ability to output data to the Parquet file format.
- Archiving functionality (ability to move source files to a different location on a different file system after they are processed) is now supported by the Smart File Input Adapter.
- Addition of the InputAdapterStatsMsg message that can be specified to the StatusMsgTypeName parameter in the Smart File Input Adapter to have the input adapter send a status message for each file it successfully processes.
- MsgTags: The MsgTags parameter in the Smart File Input Adapter has been replaced by the MsgTagsKVparameter. The functionality is similar but now the information is sent to a map so that the tag also has a name which can be used to parse the tags part of the message (in models) then access the values by keys rather than order. The predefined tag $Msg_Start_Offset (representing the bite offset of the message in the input file) is also added.
- Additional configuration options for the Smart File Output Adapter and the ability to consolidate files into configured maximum size.
In addition, the Kamanja documentation has been restructured and converted to use the RST/Sphinx authoring tools. See: documentation.kamanja.org
We will be continuing to enhance the content of the documentation over the next several releases, but a number of new features are available now:
- PDFs are available for each title and for each subsection of each title as well as the entire doc set; click on the PDF icon in the upper right of each page to download the PDF for that title. Clicking the PDF icon on the documentation landing page gives you a PDF for the entire documentation set.
- The documentation source is now included in the kamanja github repository. We welcome contributions to the documentation as well as the software; see the Kamanja Contribute web page.
- LigaPedia is a series of free-standing articles that provides basic definitions of frequently-used terms and links to other documents with additional information. This is a great way to quickly locate the information you need.
- The documentation now includes reference pages for Commands, Configuration files, APIs,adapters, and messages.
Version 1.6.2 also includes the features from Kamanja 1.6.1, which were previously under limited release.
- Details of issues fixed in version 1.6.2 are here: documentation.kamanja.org/relnotes/fixed.html