Home Forums Kamanja Forums Problems & Solutions Issues while installing kamanja1.2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Archived_User7 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Archived_User7
    Participant

I downloaded the Kamanja-1.2 tarball from Amazon AWS and followed this link to run the HelloWorld sample on my dev setup on Mac. I ran into issues because of KAMANJA_HOME hardcoded to “/private/tmp/Kamanja” in many a scripts in $KAMANJA_HOME/bin. I modified that to the correct path in all the relevant scripts and the configs and was able to get to the “kamanja start” stage as explained in that link. But it fails with messages like :

ERROR [main] – Failed to dump array of bytes to the Jar file (/private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages_msg1_1000000_1450348740348.jar): /private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages_msg1_1000000_1450348740348.jar (No such file or directory)

ERROR [main] – Failed to dump array of bytes to the Jar file (/private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/basetypes_2.10-0.1.0.jar): /private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/basetypes_2.10-0.1.0.jar (No such file or directory)

ERROR [main] – Failed to dump array of bytes to the Jar file (/private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/metadata_2.10-1.0.jar): /private/tmp/Kamanja/lib/system/metadata_2.10-1.0.jar (No such file or directory)

There’s no reference to “/private/tmp/Kamanja” in any of $KAMANJA_HOME/config/* or $KAMANJA_HOME/bin/* but, still the start script expects KAMANJA_HOME to be “/private/tmp/Kamanja”. Am I missing something here ?

I am getting the messages in the input queue though.

Thanks,

Bijeet

• #13466 Reply

Archived_User57
    Participant

You are missing a step in the installation. If you download the binaries, you must run the SetPaths.sh script found in <Kamanja Install Directory>/bin.

See http://kamanja.org/qs/working-binaries/run-setpaths-sh/ for instructions.

• #13467 Reply

Archived_User7
    Participant

My bad.. I missed it. Thanks a lot William. It worked !!

Reply To: Issues while installing kamanja1.2
Your information: