Home Forums Kamanja Forums Problems & Solutions Unable to upload the Cluster Configuration File : ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nup 6 months ago.

• Author

Nup

I am following HelloWord example from documentation http://kamanja.org/wiki/helloworld/

On starting kamanja using command  “bash $KAMANJA_HOME/bin/kamanja start -v” i am getting below exception :
    ERROR [main] – Failed to load Status/Output Adapter testfailedevents_1 with class com.ligadata.OutputAdapters.KafkaProducer$
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ligadata.OutputAdapters.KafkaProducer$
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_77]

According to this thread : http://kamanja.org/forums/topic/not-able-to-push-data-in-to-kafka/ it should get fix on uploading ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json

On uploading ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json using command “bash $KAMANJA_HOME/bin/kamanja $KAMANJA_HOME/config/MetadataAPIConfig.properties add cluster config $KAMANJA_HOME/config/ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json” m getting below error :
    ERROR [main] – Node Undefined not found in metadata
    action trimaddclusterconfig
    ERROR [main] – Route not found
    Result: {
    “APIResults” : {
    “Status Code” : -1,
    “Function Name” : “StartMetadataAPI”,
    “Result Data” : null,
    “Result Description” : “None.get”
    }
    }

Please help me with this.

• #27374 Reply

William Tarver

Hi Nup,

First, please avoid kamanja.org/wiki/ as that documentation has come to an EOL. Please refer to documentation.kamanja.org for our most up to date documentation.

Second, the error you’re receiving isn’t due to a lack of cluster configuration. It’s as simple as the ERROR message states, “<span style=”color: #3a3a3a; font-family: Glegoo;”>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ligadata.OutputAdapters.KafkaProducer$”. There is no such class called com.ligadata.OutputAdapters.KafkaProducer$. The proper class is called </span><span style=”color: #3a3a3a; font-family: Glegoo;”>com.ligadata.kafkaInputOutputAdapters_v8.KafkaProducer$. Upon inspecting the configuration ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json, I see that the class is correctly set by default so I presume you must have either edited the existing configuration file or added ClusterConfig.json, which is deprecated.</span>

Finally, uploading ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json should, indeed, fix the problem, however, the command you’re using to add the cluster configuration is incorrect, even in reference to http://kamanja.org/wiki/helloworld/. Under section 3. Upload the Cluster Configuration file, the command it states to run is:

<strong style=”box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-family: Glegoo; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #3a3a3a; backface-visibility: visible !important;”>bash $KAMANJA_HOME/bin/kamanja $KAMANJA_HOME/config/MetadataAPIConfig.properties upload cluster config $KAMANJA_HOME/config/ClusterConfig.json

The error you’ve made is you’ve run the command “add cluster config”, however, “add” is the incorrect verb for this specific command. The command you need to provide is “upload cluster config”.

• #27375 Reply

Nup

Hi William,

Changing “add cluster config” to “upload cluster config” worked, but now on starting kamanja with command  “bash $KAMANJA_HOME/bin/kamanja start -v” getting below error :

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.Predef$.$conforms()Lscala/Predef$$less$colon$less;
    at com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages.V1000000.msg1.<init>(msg1.scala:120) ~[?:?]
    at com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages.V1000000.msg1.<init>(msg1.scala:351) ~[?:?]
    at com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages.V1000000.msg1$.createInstance(msg1.scala:26) ~[?:?]
    at com.ligadata.kamanja.samples.messages.V1000000.msg1$.createInstance(msg1.scala:16) ~[?:?]
    at com.ligadata.KamanjaManager.KamanjaMetadata$.getInstance(KamanjaMetadata.scala:1344) ~[kamanjamanager_2.10-1.5.3.jar:1.5.3]
    at com.ligadata.kamanja.serializer.CsvSerDeser.deserialize(CsvSerDeser.scala:366) ~[KamanjaInternalDeps_2.10-1.5.3.jar:1.5.3]
    at com.ligadata.KamanjaBase.AdaptersSerializeDeserializers$class.deserialize(BaseMessageContainer.scala:596) ~[KamanjaInternalDeps_2.10-1.5.3.jar:1.5.3]
    … 17 more

Note : Scala version m using is 2.10 and kafka is 2.10-0.8.2.2. I have downloaded Kamanja 1.5.3_2.10

• #27376 Reply

William Tarver

Hi,

Can you paste the output of the terminal command “scalac -version”?

• #27377 Reply

Nup

Hi William,

Thanks for the help, I get it $SCALA_HOME is pointed to scala-2.10.1 but somehow it is not picking the correct version. Below is the output of terminal :

~/local/Kamanja-1.5.3_2.10/bin$ echo $SCALA_HOME
    /home/local/scala-2.10.1
    ~/local/Kamanja-1.5.3_2.10/bin$ scalac -version
    Scala compiler version 2.11.1 — Copyright 2002-2013, LAMP/EPFL
    ~/local/Kamanja-1.5.3_2.10/bin$ which scalac
    /home/local/scala-2.11.1/bin/scalac
    ~/local/Kamanja-1.5.3_2.10/bin$

Thanks

Reply To: Unable to upload the Cluster Configuration File : ClusterConfig_kafka_v8.json
Your information: